Happy Birthday Spencer (September)

Spencer and I baking together.  He has started to really enjoy baking and it's fun to spend that time with him.
He wanted to try out the baking cocoa and I told him not to but he didn't listen.  Baking cocoa does not taste good!!  He had to wash his mouth out with water.
Brooke and her Dad
Our pathway blocked with flooding river water!  This hundred year flood seems to happen every five years instead of every 100.
I just loved how this turned out.
Spencer posing for his "I am 9 years old" picture.  He has sure grown alot.  What a good and kind, softhearted boy.  I hope he always stays that way!
Waffles for his birthday breakfast.  He wanted ice cream on them too.
He took Nanah's cookie bars for his school birthday treat.  He loved sharing them with his friends and taking extras to his favorite teachers.
Of course, lots of legos to open!  He builds them so fast and has created quite the fleet of lego buildings and creations. 


He wanted pizza for dinner and we had it while we watched a show, which is usually never allowed! But birthdays....
We played bohnanza too. It is one of his favorite card games.  He is so good at games (getting better at sportsmanship) and loves trying new games and teaching them to people.  Spencer is a friendly and funny kid.  He is super smart. He always has a new fact to share or learning about someone new. He reads nonstop and likes drawing too.  He works hard at school and is especially kind to kids with special needs. I love his freckles too.  He has been going with Blake to pick up Corey for church and he loves doing it because it is preparing him to get the priesthood.  He usually listens when I ask him to clean up and does a good job.  He is still blowing stuff up and has now taught William his ways.  His appetite is nonstop and we haven't even hit the teenage years!  We love Spencer and so glad he is part of our family.  I lay in William's bed at night and me and Spencer chat about our days.  He is a good listener and a good sharer.  He is also very silly and will play any make believe game.
Ice cream for birthday because we were having cake at his friend party.
I wasn't feeling well one day and Hailey made this beach craft for me.  We all have blankets that match our personalities. If only we could run to the beach whenever we wanted!
I was going through some old papers and found this letter from Uncle Ryan.  They didn't ever write letters to eachother really but I was so glad I had saved it.  It was around the time Blake joined the military.  
The dangers of long hair.  Your hair gets stuck in motorized truck tires.
We went with the Pences to see the river flooding.  We got some food and sanitary items from the store for people affected by the flood.  
That stop sign eventually disappeared.
Spencer got $20 for his birthday.  Who doesn't love money for the birthday?!
Hailey made this cake for Spencer's friend birthday. It turned out pretty awesome.  
Ryan Pence was awesome to do a laser tag birthday for Spencer. He was super patient and nice to share his awesome supplies.  The boys had a super great time and got to play until it was dark.

Of course our kids loved playing at the park for hours.
Spencer's smile makes me so happy.



He gobbled that up really quick!  I can't believe he is 9 already.  He has grown so much in so many ways and we have loved watching him.  What a great kid. Love you Spencer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke