First snow (December)

Brooke got her reading goal so she got to take a picture with the principal.  She has worked so hard. I am so proud of her reading!

Spencer got Dad for Jesus's bed service.  He gave him this note that I thought was so cute.
I've started picking up one kid around once a month to take to a quick lunch at Culvers.  It has been one of my favorite times. They never know when I am coming and I love it.
When I saw Cheesecake Factory was at our local grocery store, I was so excited!! Hallelujah!
Brooke working on some food color experiments.  She made a huge mess and froze the water and had a great time.
This van was parked near us one day.  I thought it was awesome and happy.
I spent hours putting up the house lights because Blake didn't have time as he was working in the attic.  I got all the lights up and the middle didn't light up.  I looked at it, laughed hysterically and said I'm not changing it!  It was worth the sore shoulder and back for a week.
It was our first snow and I got to be the one to tell the kids it snowed and get their reactions. It was pretty magical.




It was so fun to have a good snow!
I think we have a hot cocoa problem.  Time to work through this cocoa!
Popsicles in the snow.  Must be from Iowa!
Blake is so awesome.  He got a snow blower so he could blow all our neighbors driveways and ours.  It makes me happy to see him do so much for them.
Made the most delicious gingerbread cookies! I have never liked it before but these were so good!
The kids decorated them.  Yes, on our bedroom floor while we listened to the Christmas devotional.
We were taking dinner to our friend, Myra.  We love her!
The before and after of our craft closet.  What a mess!!
Brooke has been wearing my coat when she doesn't want to find her own.  She is pretty comfy in it!
Brooke did a lot of puzzles with this nice grandpa at the nursing home.  We haven't been able to get back because of swimming lessons but we want to start up again.  The kids love it.
William working hard at preschool!
Brooke and Addie making cookies together.
My dad sent me this picture of their tree and lights.  He was so proud. It does look magical and how amazing that he did those beams himself!
Monica and I facetiming one day and I turned purple.  It was so hilarious.  We have a great time being friends.
Brooke's turn for Culvers!  She was so excited when I picked her up and she was lucky because dad was able to meet us too.  She always has so much to say!
Flipping pennies so they spin like tops.
Our kitchen electricity was messed up for awhile but we finally got the electrician in and he fixed it just like that!  Poor guys had to listen to A Chipmunks Christmas the whole time!
The kids sledding down our neighbors driveway.  It's nice because we don't have to go to the sledding hill but frustrating because the sled broke.
One day, I was having a crying moment.  Brooke came in and hugged me and snuggled me and made me feel lots better.  Love her sweet heart.

These snowflakes were on our garbage can lid.  Pretty things can be found anywhere!

One day, I was peeking in on the kids and Blake and I totally scared them. It was so funny to me!


We got to have the Hatch kids over while their mom had a baby sister!  They got to sleepover and had a great time. We had the missionaries for dinner too, so it was a full house!  Getting all six off to school was tricky but we made it through.  Now we're waiting for their mom to have another baby so we can do it again!

A nice family from our ward came and caroled to us and left all these cookies.  It was fun to be caroled to.
Visiting dad at his work is always good fun.
Hooray!! Brooke got to meet her idol,the Grinch!
Meeting with Santa was fun.  The line was fast and they ended up with fun stickers.



The reindeer is always a big hit.  This one was Prancer.
Spencer next to his hero, Abe Lincoln. He has read so much about him. He loves history!
I think it was twin day at school.  Hailey matched with some girls from school. They went to the mall to get matching shirts.  William and Brooke were matching sports teams.  And Spencer matched with a kid at school. Everyone was happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke