Life as We Know it

 I tried hard this summer to keep the kids busy without too much tv watching.  Do you know how hard it is to keep a 7,4 and 2 year old busy in a small house while taking care of an infant? Well, I'll tell you. The house was messy and we ate a lot of hot dogs!  We did manage to make some crafts.  These were puff paint things I found on pinterest.  They were really cool after we microwaved them.  Then the kids ate them.  I don't know why.  They didn't taste good!  Kinda like unsweet pancakes, but they had a great time.
 Spencer used all the green happily.  His favorite color.
 Brooke being cooperative
 Hailey is a crafting over achiever.
 I walked in the playroom one day and found Spencer just reading away.  I love that he loves to read.  I have tried really hard to get the kids to love reading.  Spencer hated it when he was younger and would never finish a story or look at books. So, I would just start them and read them through whether he listened or not. I guess he listened because he loves sitting and looking through books.  It really calms him down.
 The bumbo rocks!!  I love when babies start to sit up a little because they are much happier and can look around.  Which makes us all much happier!

 I was busy one day and the baby started crying.  Hailey picked him up and took him and rocked him in his room and he fell asleep.  She is going to be such a great mom!
 This was Father's Day.  The kids made Blake some bags with ties on them.  I couldn't get a picture.  They put his favorite snacks in them: chips (Brooke), chocolate(Hailey) and tuna fish (Spencer).  We had a great dinner of swedish meatballs.  We played Uno and went on a drive.  I feel so blessed that Blake is such a great dad.  He is so fun and funny too!  It is great to watch him with the kids and with each child we have, Blake becomes even greater as a father!

 Lots of corn!  It has been interesting to live in a farming area after living in Las Vegas for so long!
 Brooke got into the soil one night while we were skyping with Grandma and Grandpa Terry on their mission.  She threw it all over the clean laundry and all over outside. I started to sweep it up to throw it away then I remembered it was dirt and put it back in the bag. ha.  That's what I get for leaving the soil out in reach of a rambunction two year old!
 Our Father's Day dessert.   Tastes sweeter after the kids are asleep!
Our happy guy 2 1/2 months

Comments

Allison said…
Hailey and Elaina would be best buds. They are so much alike: crafty, dramatic, and sweet little helpers. It's so weird to me that they don't remember each other....it wasn't THAT long ago that they were little toddlers, was it?!?

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke