Nature Walk
Before I talk about our awesome nature walk, we have to say thanks to our super awesome dad. Blake spent three weeks cleaning out the ultra nasty pool in the back yard for us. The pool looked like a black abyss of evil. It was seriously nasty. But he took on the project and this is him when the pool was finally cleaned. That bag is full of leaves and sticks and junk that the vaccum sucked off the bottom of the pool. Grandma Barb said that was the cleanest she had ever seen the pool!! No, the water is not green, but there is a green liner that makes the pool water look green. So, thank you Blake! We swam almost every day this summer. It saved our sanity!
The weather is usually so beautiful out here that it is a crime to stay inside! In an effort to not be a totally lame new mom, I took the kids on a walk so that we could make collages with their findings. It was one of our most fun days of the summer.
It is such a welcome change to live somewhere so green and beautiful. I will always be a Vegas girl at heart, but I will take this beauty over that heat any day!
I just have to say, don't mind Hailey's glasses. They have been so abused and eventually met an untimely death by Brooke who broke them in half.
A little grove near our house. We are still exploring the area and there are so many neat spots!
These are the collages they made.
Spencer's summer hair cut is great!
Of course, Hailey had to do a mega collage. She loves crafts.
Comments