April 2020
We made these to keep busy with a book Brooke got from Easter. It was pretty fun!
We got some bookshelves and it took three hours to put together the first one and an hour to put together the second on, ha! Learning through experience! I like how they are open.
During quarantine, we went out to dinner once a week. Going out to dinner meant getting food from somewhere and eating it somewhere. Each week, someone got to choose. It turned out to be great to have something to look forward to and no dishes or dinner to do! We cooked a lot during quarantine. The kids each had a night to choose and help make dinner. It was great to have a variety of food too! One night we got Boise Fry and went to a new to us nature park.
So grateful to see growth even in this "weirdo time", as I have come to call it. The plants continue to flower and grow and remind us that Heavenly Father is in charge, not man.
We have been looking for a table for awhile. We were running out of space when we had people over and our table was starting to get pretty rickety. I was looking for a table one night and found this one for a great deal! I went to buy it but it was sold out. I looked at similar tables but they were triple or more the price. Hailey told me something she wanted to buy was out of stock and she checked in the morning and it was back. I prayed and in the morning, the table was back! It was super heavy but so easy to put together. It's been great to have a longer table, especially for doing puzzles!
Kentucky Derby hats! We facetimed one day. It was pretty fun. I've learned to appreciate technology more during this time.
William reading the instructions on the mac and cheese box on the hover board. Homeschooling at it's finest.
Hailey's friend was doing art and I wanted to support her. What a great quote!
We made ginormous cookies one week. A different one each day. Some we ate and some we gave away. It was pretty fun!
Don't ask. We're all quarantine crazy.
Made smores. Luckily, we're used to spending tons of time together and moving alot, so quarantine wasn't awful (for me anyway!)
Some days were better than others!
Hailey dyed her eyebrows. We're almost used to her having some that we can see.
I was so excited with these spoons! I actually have used them alot.
Kindle time was helpful too.
A weed growing through the pavement. I would like to think we're like the weeds. You can't stop us COVID!
Went on a walk down by the river and found this great climbing tree. We always find something new when we explore!
Blake had a unibrow made. It was frightening.
William did some of the fun schoolwork without complaint. It was so weird to have schoolwork that didn't count for any points but was "recommended". I was bugged when someone told the kids it didn't count because they were much less motivated to complete it!
We got chickens. Oh they were so cute. We are going to try to hatch some in spring. They were so fluffy and very chirpy. I was happy to get them out of the house after the six week period but it was fun to have company while I did laundry.
Spencer and his chicken, Bucko. Bucko was awesome. He climbed all over and he and Spencer got along great. He died one morning a few days in. We didn't know why and it was super sad. Blake's chicken, Bahen, died too. The kids felt less bad about that because Bahen was kind of a meanie. We buried them and did a little ceremony for them. It's sad when animals die. I'm sure Spencer and Bucko will be reunited again someday.
This wasn't my favorite part but the kids wanted them to run all over and they did.
Spencer on his first day of work at a landscaping company. He did it for a few months, then he started his own lawn mowing service, which worked great! He had 2 or 3 lawns a week all summer. Hope he gets more next year! He liked the money and the alone time.
They were so sweet.
We went for a drive to Garden Valley one Sunday during covid church. Brooke was pretty snuggly and I took advantage of that!
We had a picnic and church outside. It was a good experience. Then we went on a hike that everyone hated but it was still good.
Grateful he'll go on these adventures with me!
We made donuts. Yum. They took forever but yum.
Covid family pictures at an apple orchard. Hair was overgrown and we hadn't seen many people in months. It was fun to do. Should have gotten a picture with the masks!
I needed to get out one day so I took the kids to the Inspiration Point. They were not inspired or really happy about it until we got to this spot and then they loved it. It was pretty awesome!
We had a costume dinner one night. I dressed up in my wedding dress. (I still need to donate it.) And everyone wore funny stuff. We listened to funny music and Spencer was Doofenshmerz.
























































Comments