Moving Prep (August 2018)

My Barn Happy mug. They had me take it. My time at Barn Happy was a lifesaver. Those ladies are so sweet and I loved the work. They are such great Christian women who really care about each other and other people. I love how the business has grown and how Kris has followed God to make a good place for people to go. I will always be grateful I felt like I should call and ask if they were hiring.
Lots of painting and prepping to move. We moved within two weeks of accepting the job in hopes that the kids wouldn't miss too much school. It was crazy.
The kids made this and I love it.
Late night work. I'm not sure if we're smiling because we're happy or because we're delirious!
William and James are pretty good buds!
Hailey and her wonderful Iowa BFFs. We'll miss them!
Spencer helped me get all my jewelry on my holder. Not sure why he looks so serious!
Awesome candid shot of me painting more!
Hailey got her braces off the day before we moved. She wanted carrots and snickers.
The movers packed us in hours. It was crazy. I have packed us around 15 times and it always took days. They were machines.
We had a combined Brooke/Spencer birthday party before we left at the trampoline place. We don't usually do big birthday parties like this but we felt pretty bad about uprooting the kids, so everyone invited friends and they had a great time. I can't believe we had time to do this!






We love these wonderful friends!!  Let me see if I can think of their names. Left to right
Isaac, Nelson, Sam, Thomas, Zoey, Hailey, Grace, Anna, Sidney
Right to left
Phoebe, Aubrey, Brooke, Emiline, Annie, William, Spencer
Phew!
Does Isaac know Spencer or what?!
Thomas is a good boy and was so sad to see Spencer leave. 

The only picture I secretly got of Grace and Hailey. They put on a modest fashion show before we moved for their Personal Progress goal.  We were all pretty emotional about moving because of these wonderful people. We need to see them again!
Brooke and Nelson, friends forever


Spencer's favorite spot. We'll miss this wonderful yard.

The garbage saga continues. We're always overflowing and when Rachel's dad comes to pick up Hailey in the morning, he's always interested to see what our garbage will look like. I'm glad we don't disappoint him.

The sweet Hatch's showed up with dinner for us one night. Everything was clean inside so we ate outside. They have been good friends to us and we'll miss them so much.
Hooray for wonderful friends!! They wanted to do a goodbye party for us at the park but in true Iowa, fashion, it was pouring rain. So, people came and said goodbye to us when they could. It's been a wonderful five years in Cedar Falls. I had never even heard of Cedar Falls and could have killed Blake when he told us about the new job but it turned out to be the most wonderful place.
The last picture in our fixer upper house. We worked so hard here. We had the hardest times and the best times. We learned how to sheetrock, garden, finish floors, paint. We learned how to fit lots of people into a little place. We learned how to be a team and a family away from family. We love Iowa.
We stayed in a hotel our last night in Cedar Falls since we didn't have beds and didn't want to mess up the clean house. Brooke woke up and it was her birthday! Happy birthday 9 year old. She has a big personality and loves people. She is willing to help and learn. She is creative and funny. She is smart and loves Jesus. We love Brooke!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memories.....

Brookey Brooke

A Slew of Pictures.......