Christmas Break and Happy New Year (December)

 I started running in November and I have enjoyed running outside when it isn't negative degrees, though I did do six miles in -13.  That was painful but I accomplished it and felt like I could accomplish anything.  I have been able to discover a lot of fun little streets out where we live and go down lots of dead ends that I would never go down.  
 Blake and I decided that we were going to watch a movie while the kids were doing their work since they were taking so long to listen.  It is our new parenting technique and pretty awesome.  We hadn't seen Pirates of Caribbean for years!
 We went to the Warby's for games one day and we took Pie Face with us.  The kids loved getting covered in cream and eating it too. It's nice to have other people to hang out with during Christmas break.
 One day before church, the kids got some of our church craft books out and kept themselves busy.  It's always nice to see the older kids helping the younger kids.
 Since it was my last week as primary chorister, I wanted to bring a treat for all the kids and teachers.  I was running short on time for cookie cooling, so I had to stick them outside in the freezing cold air.  Iowa freezer to the rescue!
 We played Bounce off.  Fun game with patterns.
 Because trampoline isn't just for Summer!  We had all been hoping for snow for Christmas but the weatherman said there was no chance.  But it snowed a ton on Christmas Eve and was so beautiful.

 It always amazes me how the kids can just go play and sit in the snow forever and not seem to get cold!
 Spencer got Risk for Christmas.  We had a good time playing it.
 The kids have gotten into comics recently.  It's been fun to relive some of these books. Clayton and I used to read Garfield all the time.
 I requested some books from the library and they all came in at the same time.  Lucky, they have renewals. I read all of these in the last month except for one because it was boring.  The things you do to get through winter!
 We made chocolate snow cones for Family Home Evening one night with fresh snow.
 William came in from snow play and fell asleep sitting on me.  
 Aunt Sarah sent William the coolest hat for Christmas. It has been awesome to keep his little cheeks warm.
 We went sledding with friends and Kyle kept making William snowballs with an awesome snowball maker.  He was so patient because William would just crush them after he made them. We sledded for a long time. Then went home and had cocoa.
 Spencer usually does my workout with me if I do it early enough.  William is following in his footsteps. It's always nice to have a partner. Especially a strong one.

 I love how the sky matches the snow in winter.
 The kids were outside for a long time one night sledding down this little hill in the front yard.  Our street isn't busy at all, thankfully!
 For New Years, we met up with friends at the church for games and appetizers.  Then we went home and watched all the countdowns on Netflix.  I don't think I made it till 12.  Christmas break is tiring!
 We went bowling on New Years Day and the girls insisted on matching.  Even their underwear!  It's so cute to see them get along so well even though they are four years apart in age.


 Bowling is so fun with kids!  Their excitement is just awesome.  The bowling alley near us has funny videos with our faces put into them every time after we bowl.  It's hard to be mad when you are watching a hilarious video with your face glued into it.  I am proud to say I won this game.  I guess all that bowling in college paid off.

 After bowling, we went to Menards to get some house stuff.  The kids play spies while Blake is shopping usually.  This was my first time going with all of them.  Usually they just go but it was hilarious.  I could see how they spend two hours in Menards. And why they come back so tired!
Another beautiful Iowa sunset.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke