Haileys birthday and a bunch of random pictures because I am tired of uploading pictures (January/Feburary)

 I had a five mile run to do on a Saturday and the weather was in the 40's! So, Hailey got her roller blades and went with me for a few miles.
 Spencer got his bike and went with me the rest of the way.  We came across a side of the road library, which we both love and went back later for some books.
 I have really enjoyed running, which surprised me.  I have been running up this dreaded hill every week for the last 5 or 6 weeks and it gets a little easier every time.  I listen to a lot of conference talks while I run.  A lot of President Uchtdorf and President Hinckley, because they are so positive (and they tell good stories to distract me.)
 My first time making an omelet and it turned out great!  Blake was the happiest man ever.
 The girls and I went on a date and found these cute slippers at Target.  I've loved being their mom.
 This is the face of a girl who got to get out of bed because we found out there was a snow day the next day.  
 We made waffles and had a waffle bar to celebrate the snow day.  This was reeses peanut butter chocolate with bananas and whipped cream.  It was so delicious.  I need to open up shop!
 The kids played outside for awhile building a fort in the tree. I watched from the window and read my book.

 They made envelopes for each other's messages.
 Brooke came up to me every few minutes with very specific questions about the card on her head. And she would always say "And this time, I didn't look at the card." haha
 I got to exercise with my partners and take a fun exercise class from Brooke.
 Snow day two happened and we were starting to go a little insane so we got out to the science and Army museum. Spencer had passed off all of his addition facts at school (YAY!) and this was the prize he chose.  It was great to get out.  I loved having the snow days and when they were done, I realized that we were totally out of food.  What will I do when they are teenagers?!
 Pretty much our whole city looked like this for a week. It was gorgeous.
 Ive been trying to play more conference talks/uplifting messages in the morning and after school.  So, the kids go off to school with happy thoughts and come home from school to happy things.  This was a face to face with Elder Rasband and two other church leaders. Hailey loved it and listened to the whole thing. The other kids came and went.  But she stuck around.  I love all of their efforts to learn the gospel and to do good.
 No crying over spilled milk!  Brooke spilled half a gallon of milk on the floor.  I just had to laugh about it.  
 I saw this sign and it perfectly matches Blake and I. When we met, we both knew we were right for each other.  It's going to go up in our room if I ever get that purple monstrosity painted!
 We switched babysitting with the Tidwells.  This is what ten kid's snow gear looks like.  No, nothing got dried but they had a great time playing outside.
 BUSY BEES WORKSHOP (typed by Hailey) Hailey, Grace and Anna have started a business of bookmark making, hairbows and magnets.  They are planning on opening shop soon.  They even give gift cards.  It's great quality products!
 Blake started a website where he writes about security information.  He is such a genius. Seriously, he knows so much about computers.  I am really proud of him for doing this. It's awesome.
 Spencer was invited to an ice skating birthday party with Kyle.  He had such a great time.  Even though he had no idea how to ice skate. He did a good job trying. And now he wants to be a hockey player!

 Hailey turned 11 and at the last minute invited Anna and Grace to go snow shoeing with us.  First, we went to get her ears pierced for the second time.  First time, she ended up infected.  This time, people said to go to a tattoo parlor.  So far, everything has been fine.  She was brave to do it twice.  Brooke loved being a part of it and said "See, Hailey, you're surviving!" Which made the tattoo/piercing guy laugh too.  And apparently Brooke is never going to get her ears pierced now.
 It was a beautiful day for snowshoeing.  We had never been before but it was really fun.  We spent two hours out there and the girls would fall and laugh and get up.

 Hailey and Blake went on her birthday dinner to Olive Garden but the wait was so long, they ended up at Popeyes.  They had a great time together.  Hailey is usually pretty good about last minute changes of plans so that's good.
 Lasagna for her birthday dinner which she has requested for probably the last five years! 
 New earrings, hooray!
 She was happy to get some cake decorating stuff and a necklace set from Kellie and Spencer and some boards for her room and an athletic shirt.  She got money from Grandma Barb and Great Grandma Terry.  And a baby doll she has wanted for a long time.  I love that she still likes babies.  Her innocence is one of my favorite things about her.  I hope it sticks around!  She is trying to read The Book of Mormon all the way through, slowly but surely, she is doing it!
 Brooke and William wore the snow shoes around for awhile and loved it.  William wanted to keep his.  If we live in snow forever, it might be a good investment!
 Hailey decorated her own fox cake because I stink at decorating.  She has a talent for decorating.  I love that she is exploring new talents.  
 The fox cake
 Happy birthday Hailey!  Our first baby and I did a bit of crying over the weekend because I can't believe the time has gone!  She works hard at school and at helping at home.  She tries to keep a positive attitude even when it is hard.  She is kind to other people and has gained a lot of confidence in trying new things.  She is trying to not let her fears define her.  She is awesome to play with kids of any age and is best friends with Spencer.  We are so glad she is our oldest and the example for the rest. We love you Hailey!
 Michelle sent Brooke this hat for Christmas and it took awhile to get made. It's so cute!  Brooke wears it all the time, even to bed at night.
 Hailey and her baby.  Can't wait to see her as a mom!
 Books from Grandma Terry for her birthday.  She already read both of them!
 William, Danielle and I went on a freezing cold walk around Main Street the other day.  We wanted to try out this chocolate place but it was a few blocks down so we had to keep stopping in other stores because it was -10 degrees outside.  We made it though and these chocolates were amazing! I can see why they are expensive and why European chocolates are the best.  
 I know we live in tornado country but seeing this sign in my son's classroom just makes me scared.  Maybe it's time to move somewhere safer??
 Helping out in Spencer's classroom yesterday.  He usually wears shoes, they were just switching out after recess.  He was able to pass of his minus 4's and 5's.  So proud of him! I often have gone back and forth on homeschooling my kids.  It has been a real struggle for me.  School is a lot of hours that we are apart.  But when I see them grow in confidence and learn so many new things about themselves and the world, I am so proud of them.  It's good for them to be able to stand up for right and to be an example.  
 William discovered frozen blueberries and LOVED them! So much to the point that he had diarrhea tonight because he ate too many! Going to have to keep tabs on them.
 I started to get a flu/migraine thing yesterday.  The kids had early out so I was a little nervous how it was going to go being trapped in the house (it was freezing) with me incapacitated but it went great.  They finished their chores and didn't fight much.  Hailey made this cool heart from her balloon making kit she got from a library class.
 Spencer came home from school telling me about a girl named "Anna Frank".  So, we decided to read her diary, which I had.  I loved sharing it with them.  I enjoy learning about WW2.  Maybe it's the spirit of the survivors or the unsung heroes, but I just love it.  It was fun to share something I love with them.
Hailey always loves to snuggle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke