Las Vegas (November)
We missed a Scout meeting while we were gone, so we had to make a kite to pass off one of Spencer's requirements. It went pretty ok. And was completely demolished after everyone tried flying it. I love making stuff with my kids. Spencer doesn't love it that much so I was happy that he was kind of forced into it.
Brooke made this family tree at school. I love how she told her teacher that William's name is "Bwilliam". We all call him that now but her teacher must have thought we were a bit odd.
I guess I am behind the times because I was amazed by this toilet at the airport. It rotates the plastic cover through every time you flush. Thought that was awesome.
Last year, my parents wanted me to come out for my birthday and Time out for Women, so they decided to give it to me for my birthday. I left on a Thursday and came back on a Monday. Blake took great care of the kids even though he got the flu for one of the days. I am so grateful for his help.
Dad picked me up and we went directly to Montesanos, our favorite Italian restaurant for my birthday. It's so delicious!
Then I bought a bunch of Italian desserts to take home and share with Mom and Sarah. They were so yummy. It was so fun to just chill out and watch movies. I miss hanging out with them.
I had to document this because my mom let me drive her car all the way to St. George and all over the place. Actually, she was forced into it because she had been sick and still wasn't feeling the greatest. We made it there and back in one peace. I figured out that between driving out East, Nauvoo trips, out West and everywhere else that we had gone around 8,000 miles from July to November. I was really happy to be home without any trips scheduled for a long time.
Michelle and I got Dairy Queen late at night after one of the Time out for Women sessions. We were nice and shared with each other.
Hanging out in the hotel room. Michelle and I had to share a bed and I am happy to report she didn't poke me in the back with her nails like she did when we were kids.
We all had a great time together (and missed Sarah!) Aunt Jennie was able to come with us too. It's always so fun to see her. I also got to go to Cracker Barrel for my first time ever and it was delicious! I need to figure out a recipe for white chocolate french toast.
We went to Waffle Luv that I have heard so much about. It was pretty great. We went shopping too, where Michelle got that darling hat. I really loved spending time with them. 24 hours is too far away!
I was really proud of my dad for doing all the landscaping in front of their house after 25 years. It looks so great. Sarah and I had to get a picture together to prove it.
And of course, dad had to wake me up bright and early with Krispy Kremes. Those donuts are heavenly.
When I got home, everyone was still alive and happy. And Blake had bought this funny projector for Christmas. The kids love it!
After five years of the same half broken glasses that I barely wore, I got some new ones that I wear all the time.
We moved these mattresses out of the attic and the kids decided they should be a fort and eat dinner in there.
I made this molasses bread that I had been wanting to try for a long time. I was happy with how they turned out. I really need to start a bakery. In fact, I had a dream that I opened a bakery called "Whatever I made". Literally, it was whatever I made during the week and the quantities were whatever was left over and the hours were sporadic. It was a fun dream.
We had a random tornado warning inNovember so we ate dinner downstairs and I introduced the kids to The Brady Bunch. Pretty great time. Blake was trapped at work in a safe room. Happily, no tornado came.
While I was in Las Vegas, we got together for a birthday celebration for mom and I. It was really fun and yummy. I love my brother and sisters.

Comments