Haul out the Holly (December)

 We had a little Christmas get together with friends from church.  We made a craft, had a treat and played.  It was really fun.  Always like getting together with these people.
 Papa Bell sent William this train and you never saw a happier kid.  Ever.  He played with it for hours.  Actually, every kid who came over was transfixed.  They spread their legs and make themselves bridges.  They put stuff in the back.  They chase it through the house.  It's been a great "babysitter".  
 Grandma Barb gave me this sewing machine about three years ago and I finally did something with it!  I spray painted it black to cover the rest.  Blake had a board in the garage that I antiqued, with help from Liz.  And attached it.  I love it. I love that I will always have something of Barb's with me.
 William was crying one day and Spencer comforted him so sweetly.  He doesn't always do that and it was really touching to see him be so caring.
 We met Anna and Elsa at the library and watched Frozen.  Brooke really liked it but kept saying "That wasn't the real Anna and Elsa." Can't fool her!
 Blake was working late one night so I looked up "A Mom for Christmas", an old Christmas movie I watched when I was a kid.  It was so funny to see again.
 Our friend's, the Bailey's, invited us to the Home Alone movie in the old theatre in our town.  It's 150 years old and it's pretty cool. We sat up in the balcony.  Then we went to their house for the second Home Alone.  It was a fun day.
 We have these buckets of flour and sugar and stuff.  The kids use them as seats a lot of the time.  William didn't realize the lid wasn't on the flour bucket and poof!!!
 We had quite a disaster in the girl's room one day.  Brooke went in right away and organized all of her stuff and picked up.  It was awesome. I love when the kids help right away.
 One Saturday night, I had a sink full of dishes and primary chorister to prepare for and other things.  I was going to just leave the dishes for Sunday but I decided to just get it done.  I've been trying to figure out how to make the Sabbath a delight.  This really helped! Waking up to a clean kitchen is good therapy for me.
 We had a nativity and straw that Katie brought us for Christmas.  Brooke had me one week and she organized the shoes in my closet and wrote this note.  Made my day.
 William and I delivered treats to our friends during the day.  He was such a good helper. He wouldn't even let me open his door.  It was so cute to watch him.
 Brooke left this memory card at my Grandma's house when we were there in October.  She sent a Christmas card with the piece in it. I thought that was so sweet that she hung onto it for three months.
 Sometimes you just have to snuggle.
 William loved receiving boxes at Christmas. He spent a long time trying to open them with knives.
 I had a long to do list one day, (probably unreasonable too) and William helped me so much with all of it.
 I read about a tradition where people light a candle for loved ones who have passed on.  I have seen a lot of candles in windows out here.  It's really great.  So, we got one for Ryan.  Then William was playing with it and bit the head off of it.  And the other one was being lame and not staying on. But it was awesome while it worked.
 Our ornament craft this year was painting nativities.  It was good fun and a good mess.
 I just had to get a picture of our house during the snowfall.  It's just magical! These old houses are so great.
 Might be my all-time favorite picture of these two.  They were having such a great time together. I love our snowy street and the quiet that was out there.
 Pulling William down the hill.  Pulling him back up the hill was a lot harder.
 William was the donkey one day.  This was his cart and he was pulling around all of his supplies.
 For Christmas Eve, we had our Jesus dinner and invited the Willsons over for it.  They are so fun and easy to be friends with.  We even made fish this year and Blake wasn't allergic so hooray!
 We got this fun plate this year and the kids were sure to load up Santa and the reindeer.  I am sure he got plenty full on these treats.
I was wrapping presents with this paper when Blake noticed this kind of creepy Santa.  I made sure to use up all the paper so he wouldn't be scared of it next year. ha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Babies

January 2023

Brookey Brooke