Snow! (November)
We went to a science festival that the city puts on. The kids could have stayed for hours! They loved doing all of the projects and coming home with bags of prizes.
They got to hold animals and Brooke loved holding the bunny.
I am officially a scout mom especially since I have stayed up late sewing on patches and pricked my finger a lot of times.
We call this the leaf graveyard where we go to drop off all of our leaves from our yard. This year, it was 40 bags! And there are still more leaves to go. I love all of the trees but the leaves are endless.
Brooke found this dragonfly snack from a library book so we made it. They didn't turn out too pretty but they gobbled them right up!
William went to Menards with Blake and came back with a new jacket and a gatorade. He drank that thing so fast that he had to go potty 4 times in an hour! He loves going with dad. It's become a tradition.
Helping dad do some winter maintenace on the car IN THE GARAGE! You have no idea how thrilling it is to have a garage after two winters of none.
William playing hide and go seek. He is pretty much the master.
Blake cleared out the garage so that we could park in it. Hooray and he did it right before the snow came.
I have to be careful about when I take William in the car because he will fall asleep and then not go to bed at night! Such a cute army boy. It's one of his favorite outfits.
Clayton and Isake got me an amazon gift card since "you live in the middle of nowhere". It really is true. I have wanted these bowls for awhile because they are plastic but don't look like plastic. Hooray for new bowls with lids.
Very excited about the new snow. No coat, no hat, no gloves. He had to go out in it right now! He is truly an Iowan.
Later, he got on his snow gear and we had a snowball fight.
We were at Goodwill one day and found a pretty much new Mousetrap game. William loves it and we set it up often.
William fell asleep after playing in the snow. He slept on the kitchen floor for awhile. Funny kid!
We went to the school to do some sledding and besides freezing wind, it was awesome.
So begins the drying out of snow gear by the fireplace. It's a process.
We got our attic insulated and it's half sheetrocked. It's been a project and Blake has done great.
I was really proud of Spencer. He is such a great reader and is on a 5th grade reading level. It's because of all of his non-fiction reading about wars!
Talk about frigid. I could hardly get the doors open!
We needed some extra Christmas cheer this year so we put up the tree before Thanksgiving. It was a day long process and the kids did most of it. It was probably the most relaxing time for us.
I fell asleep snuggling William one day. I guess he gets that from me.
Comments